Llanberis RAF Reserve Depot Bomb Store, Wales


We were out here for the day as a friend lives nearby. It was easy enough to spot on the map but after wandering through what felt like a jungle we popped out to the view from the top photograph.

On the 18th August 1939 the Air Ministry sought the Llanberis site to store 18,000 Tons of Bombs which was formally the Glynrhonwy Isaf Slate Quarry which closed in 1930.
Most of the bombs were recovered (thumbs up) and the rest of the stock was cleared from the site and closed in 1956. 
 
 
 
 
Good times and good weather!

Leave a Reply