Visited with Rookie.
Mayfield Train Station was opened on the 8th August 1910 and was built alongside Manchester London Road Station now known as Piccadilly. It was shut on the 28th August 1960 after suffering bomb damage in the WW2 and most of its main lines being modernised for electricity.
10 years later on the 6th July 1970 it was opened as a Royal Mail parcel depot but was later shut in 1986.
It has been reported that the site could be turned into an add on to the main Piccadilly train station, possible office blocks, apartments and even a coach station.