This building was one of the last Manchester cotton warehouses to be built, Along with its ‘Modern for its time’ style it was and still is a fantastic looking building.
The history for this building is pretty scarce but its worth noting the massive radio mast that was once on the roof. The base is still intact sitting above seven floors with three/four of these used by Debenhams.
In the 1950’s the warehouse was converted to a department store for Paulden’s whose own store, close to The Manchester School of Art had been destroyed by fire.
Paulden’s had been taken over by Debenhams in 1928 and the top floors have remained the same way since.